Improving Patient Safety & Care Webinar Series
Digital Patient Experience
Digital Health Tools and the New Normal
13:00 - GMT
Professor John Powell
Professor of Digital Health Care
University of Oxford
President, Digital Health Council
Royal Society of Medicine
Digital Health Lead
Association of British HealthTech Industries
Head of Healthcare
Piota Healthcare Apps
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 marks a major turning point for digital health care in the UK as health systems have been forced to implement and accelerate projects for telemedicine and other digital tools to continue serving patients.
Healthcare technology adoption rose quickly in 2020 as COVID-19 pushed hospitals, practitioners, health systems, and patients to rely increasingly on digital tools for care delivery. While healthcare technology has traditionally been used to advance care and patient outcomes, create administrative efficiencies, and comply with government regulations, there is an emerging focus on the patient-as-customer and technologies that amplify patient-centric interaction. Telehealth and virtual care are the foundation of a hybrid model that will persist in 2021 and beyond.
Join this webinar to learn about:
· The rapid rise in technology adoption and innovative use of emerging tech, such as AI, voice assistants, robotics & apps.
· How shifting patient needs will drive the patient-as-customer transformation;
· How IT strategies are shifting to meet the needs of the digital patient experience;
· How the pandemic has influenced health system digital health innovation priorities.
· What the COVID-19 pandemic illuminated about the future of the digital patient experience.